Did you beat the deadline last Monday? I hope you did.
Many people get shocked when they see that their tax payable doubled after filing late because of the huge fess and penalties the tax authority imposed. Taxpayers are actually given about 3 months from the end of the taxable year to prepare tax returns and file them on time.
But enough of that already if you haven’t filed yet I guess you got to face the consequences. An interesting article is posted in inquirer.net about the top 2011 taxpayers in the Philippines.
In a way such list is a recognition that the person listed is a good citizen who pays his or her tax correctly. The list is for taxable year 2011 since data for 2012 was just collected and probably the such list will be again publish before the 2013 deadline to encourage taxpayers with this list of Filipinos as a good example.
With that it was a surprise that the top Filipino taxpayer for the year 2011 is not the top CEO, tycoon,politician, businessman, or sportsman but rather the top taxpayer is in the person of Kris Aquino.
But such is not possible for Kris Aquino with all her endorsements, TV shows, blockbuster movies, and other sources of income. And with all that source of income such amount of tax paid(which is mind-boggling figure for the likes of us) is deemed accurate.
Below are the top 10 taxpayers and the link to the rest of the list.
- Kris Aquino – actress, TV host, product endorser (P49.87 million)
- Gregory Deane Reichow – Sunpower Philippines Vice President (P38.2 million)
- Lauro Liboon Baja Jr – former Philippine Ambassador to the UN (P34.26 million).
- Manuel V. Pangilinan – PLDT chairman (P25.99 million)
- Aurelio Montinola III – president and CEO of Bank of the Philippine Islands (P24.47 million).
- Gerardo Ablaza – Manila Water president(P22.65 million)
- Philippe Lhuillier Philippine Ambassador to Portugal(P21.65 million).
- Victor M. Angeles (P21.2 million)
- Roberto L. Panlilio – JP Morgan Chase & Co. (P19.61 million)
- Felipe L. Gozon – GMA Network chairman and CEO (P19.59 million)
Click www.inquirer.com to see the full list of 2011 Top Taxpayers